Saturday, July 17, 2010

SOME ENCHANTED EVENING . . .

With Richard, my sister Priscilla and Priya, my sister's daughter-in-law, we trekked to the Ahmanson Theatre for a performance that delighted us in every way.  Our mom had taken Pris and me to see the Ezio Pinza-Mary Martin performance in the early 50s, so this was nostalgic on top of understanding the story line so much more today!  I found the words to the music were still etched in my brain, from Some Enchanted Evening, to Dites-Moi, There is Nothing Like a Dame, This Nearly Was Mine, I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair, and more.

We followed the performance with yet another performance at Twohey's for dinner and onion rings and bittersweet hot fudge sundaes adding Jack, Joel, and Jesse to the mix of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment