Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Solo Kayak Adventure and Four Green Sea Turtles (Honu) !!!!

At Flat Island.  Another gorgeous day for a paddle. I wasn't going to be gone long, but it turned out to be 3 or 4 hours and 5 miles! The kayak I use for solo paddling is the green one, which gradually changes to orange at the bow.


Right next to my kayak!!  I was so startled I almost forgot to take a picture!  Getting a glimpse of a Hawaiian Honu while snorkeling or kayaking is like nothing I can describe.  Whenever anyone gets this close, it's a "shout-out" event!  That's my paddle in the top right corner of the picture.  Click on the picture (any blog picture) for a larger view.

From Flat Island, I paddled out to the Mokes which you can see here, and then over to Lanikai where I turned north to head home to our cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment